Tuesday, December 28, 2010

a day at SAM


My sisters and I went to the Seattle Art Museum last week to see the Picasso Exhibit in what will probably be its only international tour outside of Paris. It was beautiful, of course. One of the coolest things for me was the collection of black and white photos of Pablo Picasso himself, and the explanations of him and his various lovers. I love and appreciate paintings, drawings, sculptures, etc, but I definitely have the strongest response to photographs. On Picasso - I am far from a tortured artist, but I do find their minds quite captivating. We also lucked out on dinner - we wanted cheap, yummy sushi and we stumbled into Japonessa, right across from SAM during their happy hour (all the rolls were $4!) and the food + atmosphere were to die for. I definitely recommend it, and can't wait to go back.

No comments: