Friday, January 7, 2011

This is no way to treat royalty!

So, it's been a while. I would apologize for the break in posts, except that my life has been hectic and stressful for the last week so I don't feel for you - only for myself ;) My roommates and I came back to our apartment last Monday, ready to move back in after winter break, and found our nice, cute, lovely apartment had water damage from a frozen pipe that had burst and that we had to find another place to stay in about 5 minutes time. We thought it might be temporary, so we crammed ourselves into our friends' dormrooms, until the next day when we found out it would be six weeks until we could move back in, and our rental company wasn't offering any sort of living situation or compensation for us. So, to summarize, the last week has been spent trying to find a place to live, trying to communicate with our full-of-shit property management, trying to stay out of our hosts' ways, along with starting classes back up again. But! We have found a room to rent with an elderly couple (the rooms are so 70s - neon shag carpet and all) and I have a ton of photos that I need to post. So be ready! And remember that when life hands you lemons, if you have good friends and faith you can make lemon drops with 'em.

upon arrival, I found some of my clothes sitting soaking wet in the shower

a ton of our furniture stacked in our kitchen. so sad! everything was so cute when we left.

No comments: