Tuesday, October 4, 2011

a day at the circus

I had to share a few photos from the big circus/hippie festival/carnival we threw on campus a few weeks ago--it was so fun! It was a back-to-school kick off event put on by the campus ministry I'm involved with here. We had a giant photobooth (full of vintage pieces that I wanted to steal), circus foods, decorations, and booths that were put on by students. I did a booth called "Trust Ya Buds" which involved a blindfold, friends, and food ranging from Dr. Pepper jelly beans to blueberry muffin pudding. My roommates had a "Barber Shop" booth, which perhaps explains the various mustaches present. Other booths included fortune-telling (via fortune cookies being smashed on the table), bad fashion advice, henna tattoos, and caricatures. This is the kind of thing I'll miss about being a college student--fun, free, ridiculous events put on and attended by students. I bet I could still sneak in once in a while, right?

7 comments:

Spinner's End said...

wow, that festival looks like so much fun! definitely cherish those memories, you'll miss these moments after you graduate. but seriously girl, that skirt. i mean, it's got to be one of the greatest maxi skirts i've ever seen. seriously awesome.
spinnersendvintage.blogspot.com

Wild Flower said...

You look adorable, a perfect outfit for a festival! All these pictures are really fun, I especially like the last one, so cute!

Kaylee
xo

JanandJill.com said...

Just found your blog, these pics are so cute and it looks like you put on a great event. I love the different booths you described, I know what you mean...I miss those college days too. This is such a cute post, following you now

xoDale
I'm a stylist and have a fashion blog here in San Francisco
www.savvyspice.net

Anonymous said...

Love your photos, this looks so fun! Super cute boho outfit too

Two Happy Hearts said...

thank you for your sweet comment! i'm so glad you found my blog :) and yours is ADORABLE as well! so happy to be new friends.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so much fun! :) Really! I hope we had things like that at our university, but here it's just all boring...

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

fabulous skirt & love the pic of the guys air kissing, looks like such a fun event! I'll have to say- either I just always missed out, or my college def was not this fun! But you can def sneak in later : )