Monday, January 23, 2012

what I'm baking

Two things I've been doing a lot of lately: baking and browsing Pinterest. Luckily for me, these things go hand-in-hand. A few things I've made lately, all found on Pinterest: 
 Frozen Peppermint Cheesecake, recipe found here.
 Samoas Cookie Bars, recipe found here.
buttermilk biscuit sticky buns, recipe found here.

Recently I've also made French Dip in crescent rolls, energy bites, crockpot chicken chili, cranberry white chocolate muffins, and turkey lettuce wraps, all from Pinterest and all devoured before I could get a picture in. I recommend them all! The energy bites are perfect with coffee for breakfast on-the-go, and they are great because you can basically put in whatever mixings you have in your pantry. I'm also making these Nutella cupcakes for a get-together tonight--yes please. 

Baking has become something therapeutic for me, something that relaxes me after a stressful or long day. Raleigh and I bake together and/or for each other often too, which is a lovely way to spend time together in our busy lives. I also love being a hostess, part of which is giving away baked goods to people I love. Basically, food boards on Pinterest are my new favorite thing. Come follow me so we can share more recipes! 

What relaxes you after a long day? Also, have any must-try recipes for me? holla at me! xoxo Charity

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you just inspired me to start a recipe hunt on pinterest. I need some new ones. Oh, and knitting really helps me relax after a long day :)

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! I'm so impressed and everything looks delicious. This is a cheesecake recipe that is amazing: http://pinterest.com/pin/229894755948169398/

Wren

Elliespeaks said...

Probably sitting down with a cup of herbal tea and watching an episode of Gilmore Girls. Pure escapism. I'm definitely a stress-induced baker though - it's just that my oven at university is so awful. Everything burns :-( That cheesecake looks incred.

me said...

mmm that cheesecake looks amazing. i just want to make it right now!

Rebecca said...

Oh that looks so yummy! I've got to try that!

See Me Rwar

Unknown said...

Yum! Everything looks so delicious.

http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Two Happy Hearts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Two Happy Hearts said...

frozen peppermint cheescake?! delish!!
these all look incredible.