Thursday, July 12, 2012

insta cali

Mhmm, already ready to go back. 
I spent the last week just outside of San Diego visiting my sister Katie on a last-minute trip. It was perfectly relaxing: we spent the week eating (way too much) amazing fresh food, exploring the surrounding little towns and beaches, trying lots of new cocktails and beers, playing in the waves like we were 5 & 9 years old again,    dancing, watching the sun  set and sleeping in, walking in the morning sun for iced lattes and chocolate-filled croissants, and dreaming about what our futures will bring us. My sister worked the first two days, so I got to wander about alone, which was actually really nice--I read all three books in the Hunger Games trilogy (still reeling, let's be honest), laid on the beach, people-watched, and listened to a cute boy play music in a rooftop bar. I didn't touch a computer all week. All in all, exactly what I needed. 

A year from now, my life could go anywhere I want it to, and I'm seriously thinking I'll end up in California near my sister. This trip just served to convince me further. Time will tell! 

How was your week? catch me up! xo. 

12 comments:

A Girl Named Leney said...

Loving your blog! Popping over from Deer Circus. Thought I'd say hi:)
Feel free to say hi back sometime!

<3 Leney

jennifer lane said...

such lovely photos! looks like a fun trip :)

nicole s. said...

this is probably on purpose, but your lovely post went up at 11:11. sounds like your wish already came true, but here's to more relaxing in beautiful weather!

alissa b said...

i want to be there. so bad. lol you look like you're having a great time!

enjoy your vaca :)

alissa b
http://alissab.us

A Possible Fantasy said...

super cute pics, super cute you!

do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know!
see you around!

www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

helen said...

hi charity! thanks so much for your sweet comments and for stopping by! you have such a lovely blog. loving your pictures of your san diego trip. san diego is so amazing :)

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said...

Looks like a beautiful and super delightful week :o)

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said...

Looks like a beautiful and super delightful week :o)

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Awesome photos! The best time to be in San Diego is definitely during this time of the year. I miss San Diego!

Elliespeaks said...

This was probably one of my favourite posts EVER. The photos are so evocative. I feel like I travelled there with you! Praying for your HUGE future my friend :-) x

Megan said...

This looks like such an amazing time.

And not touching a computer a whole week, I think I might just lose it, haha.

Which cocktails did you try?

JW | PEONY said...

What summery photos! I love the blue shorts